1. Vitae (a) Date of Birth: November 26, 1947 (b) 1986 - Present: President SRI Design, Inc. 4610 University Avenue, Suite 1018 Madison, WI 53705
(c) Positions Held: 1978 - 1986 President Structural Research, Inc. Madison, Wisconsin 1973 - 1978 Executive Vice President Engineering Research Consultants, Inc. Madison, Wisconsin 1969 - 1973 Teaching Assistant University of Wisconsin Madison, Wisconsin 1972 (Summer) Structural Design Engineer John Jagar, Consulting Engineer Madison, Wisconsin 1968 - 1969 Draftsman Dane County, Madison, Wisconsin 1968 (Summer) Civil Engineer Illinois Highway Department
(d) Formal Education: Degrees: B.S. Civil Eng. — University of Wisconsin 1968 M.S. Civil Eng. — University of Wisconsin 1969 Ph.D. — University of Wisconsin 1973
2. Partial List of Projects
A. Structural Design Projects
(1) Tehran Race Course - Race course grandstand design in Tehran, Iran. Design included bleachers, general congregation areas, restaurants and observation boxes. Design involved gravitational, wind & earthquake forces. Structure included poured-in-place concrete, precast prestressed concrete and steel frames.
(2) Green Tree Mall - A shopping center design located in Green Tree, Wisconsin, U.S.A. Structure is a masonry bearing steel joist design.
(3) Hamilton Lake Parking Deck - Structural design of a parking structure in Hamilton Lake, Illinois. The structure consisted of precast columns, precast prestressed inverted tee beams, double tees and structural curtain walls.
(4) Grand Canyon Place - Structural design of an office building in Madison, Wisconsin. The structure is a wood frame structure with poured-in-place concrete retaining walls.
(5) Davies Student Center - Structural design of the Davies Student Center Addition at UW Eau Claire. The structure is partially monolithic concrete with piling foundation and partially steel bar joist on a spread footing foundation.
(6) Murphy Library Addition - Structural design of the Murphy Library Addition at UW La Crosse. The structure consists of steel frames with precast prestressed hollowcore slabs and spread footings.
(7) City Station - Structural design of the precast sub-structure which supports the steel super structure. Precast design includes precast beams, columns and hollowcore slabs.
(8) Wexford Apartments - Structural design of one of the many apartment complexes which included a precast sub-structure of beams, columns and hollowcore slabs, supporting a superstructure of wood frame constructions.
(9) Davee Library Addition - Structural design of the Davee Library Addition located at U.W. River Falls Campus. The structure is a flat slab design with spread footing at bedrock. Roof structure is bar joist on bearing walls.
(10) Lorenz Hall Addition - Structural design of the Lorenz Hall Addition for Mendota Hospital, a security mental institution in Dane County. The structure consists of hollowcore slabs on bearing CMU walls and precast beams and columns.
(11) Jefferson County Correctional Institution - Structural design of the precast structure including precast beams, columns and hollowcore slabs for the Jefferson County Correctional Institution.
B. Experimental and Research Projects
(1) Mathematical modeling of a multi-ply built-up roof system for prediction of temperature induced behavior of roof systems.
(2) Full scale dynamic experiment evaluation of cable trays for use in nuclear power plants.
(3) Full scale experimental evaluation of a precast, prestressed concrete beam.
(4) Full scale experimental evaluation of silos subjected to simulated wind loads.
(5) Stability study and structural design of hyperbolic support tower for a wind generation station for N.A.S.A.
(6) Full scale instrumentation (strain gaging and pressure load cells) for the measurement of lateral loads of a tall steel storage bin.
(7) Full scale instrumentation (strain gaging tension load cells and accelerometers) for the measurement of responses of a real time base of a set of transmission towers.
(8) Wind effectiveness in transmission line loading. Full scale instrumentation to determine wind loading on transmission line towers.
(9) Limit Analysis - Research study to implement new methods of structural analysis on ultimate capacity of structures.
3. Professional Societies (a) American Society for Civil Engineers (ASCE) (b) Registered Professional Engineer in the State of California (c) Registered Professional Engineer in the State of Wisconsin (d) Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineering (IEEE)
4. Honor Societies (a) Sigma Xi (b) Tau Beta Pi (c) Chi Epsilon (d) Phi Kappa Phi (e) Pi Tau Sigma
(a) J. Johnson, J. Lee and R. Dupuis, "Structural Behavior of Reinforced Plastic Beam Shapes". Presented by J. Lee at ASCE Specialty Conference on Composite Materials in Civil Engineering Structures, Pittsburgh, November, 1972.
(b) J. Lee and J. E. Johnson, "Anisotropic Beams by Moment-Differential Method", ASCE Journal of the Engineering Mechanics Division, Vol. 99, No. EM6, December, 1973.
(c) J. W. Lee, R. M. Dupuis and J. E. Johnson, "Experimental Determination of Temperature Induced Loads on BUR Systems", Proceedings of the Symposium on Roofing Technology, Washington, D.C., September, 1977.
(d) J. E. Johnson, R. M. Dupuis and J. W. Lee, "Physical Properties of BUR Membranes Tested at Low Rates of Loading", Proceedings of the Symposium on Roofing Technology, Washington, D.C., September, 1977.
(e) R. M. Dupuis, J. W. Lee and J. E. Johnson, "Field Measurement of Asphalt Temperature During Cold Weather Construction of BUR Systems", Proceedings of the Symposium on Roofing Technology, Washington, D.C., September, 1977.
(f) A. H. Peyrot, R. O. Kluge and J. W. Lee, "Longitudinal Loading Tests on a Transmission Line", paper submitted to IEEE for publication.
(g) A. H. Peyrot, R. O. Kluge and J. W. Lee, "Longitudinal Loading Tests on a Transmission Line", prepared for Electric Power Research Institute, September, 1978.
(h) Discussion on "Broken Wire Tests on a Model Transmission Line System" by J. D. Mozer, et.al., presented at IEEE Summer Meeting in Vancouver. B.C., 1979.
(i) J. W. Lee and H. G. Jensen, "Limit Truss Analysis by Linear Programming Techniques", presented at ASCE 1980 Portland Convention.
(j) J. W. Lee and H. G. Jensen, "Transmission Tower Limit Analysis and Design by Linear Programming", IEEE Paper No. 80 SM 681-7 presented at IEEE 1980 PES Summer Meeting at Minneapolis, MN.
(k) J. W. Lee, A. H. Peyrot and J. G. Dees, "Stability Analysis of Large Spatial Frame Structures", presented at ASCE 1980 Florida Convention.
(l) Jun W. Lee and Rene M. Dupuis, "A Performance Evaluation of Modified Bitumen Roof Membranes Using the Strain Energy Approach", Research Report, Structural Research, Inc., January, 1987.
(m) Jun W. Lee and Rene M. Dupuis, "The Strain Energy Failure Theory for Nonwoven Polyester as Applied to Roofing Membranes", The International Nonwoven Technological Conference, May, 1987.
(n) Rene M. Dupuis and Jun W. Lee, "Coefficient of Expansion Values for Modified Bitumen Roof Membranes", ASTM Symposium on Roofing Research and Standards Development, presented in December, 1986.